Move primary vault in Dropbox

Options
sunjunkie
sunjunkie
Community Member

I have been using 1P for years and just updated to the latest version (on Mavericks). I also have 1P on my iPhone and iPad. I want to move my 1Password.agilekeychain file from the root of my Dropbox folder where it was put originally to the new default location which I think is the "1Password" folder in the dropbox root folder.

How can I move this file on Dropbox without screwing everything up? I haven't found step by step instructions for this.
Thanks.

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi @sunjunkie‌,

Just to confirm, are you using 1Password 4? If so give the following a try:

1. Make a backup of your data on the Mac, by opening 1Password and clicking File > Backup > Backup Now.
    2. Disable syncing in 1Password for iOS on both your iPhone and iPad under Settings > Sync > Sync Service.
    3. Back on your Mac, go into 1Password > Preferences > Sync and disable syncing. Don't select the option to remove the data from Dropbox.
    4. Move your 1Password.agilekeychain file into a 1Password folder.
    5. Go back into 1Password > Preferences > Sync and point 1Password at the 1Password.agilekeychain data file.
    6. Enable Dropbox syncing again on your iOS devices and choose the moved 1Password.agilekeychain data file.

Let us know if that works for you. If not, please let us know at what step the trouble began, and we'll continue from there.

This discussion has been closed.