Remove mini icon from menu bar

Options
tomik
tomik
Community Member

I made the big mistake of purchasing 1Password from the App Store, because it's not the latest version, among other nagging install issues. After install, and including 1Password mini, I then realized that I needed to upgrade to 1Password 4, followed the instructions to get rid of the previous version, per instruction from this website. Unfortunately nowhere did it tell me to first get rid of the mini icon. Now I have two icons and can find no way of removing the disassociated icon. Needless to say I've lost confidence in this program because of this issue and others related to the browser extensions. Any ideas on how I can remove this rogue icon?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tomik,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

If you would like to continue using 1Password 4 from our webstore, here's how to remove that extra Mini:

• I’d like you to open Terminal (Applications > Utilities).
    • Copy and paste the following line into Terminal, and press return:

launchctl stop 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

• Then copy & paste the next line into Terminal, again followed by pressing return:

launchctl remove 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

• Then empty the Trash on your Mac, and restart the Mac entirely.
This discussion has been closed.