Family License & Multiple Vaults

Options
cer
cer
Community Member

Hello,
I recently purchased a family license for 1 password. Everything works okay, but it seems the licensing isn't set up the way I thought. I figured a family license would allow my wife to have a separate account where we could store passwords that we share with other people, and a personal account where we can store only ones that she and I know. However, this does not seem to work.

On the Mac side I have this setup as separate vaults (a personal "Secure" vault, and a "Shared" vault that's less secure) but my wife and I use MS Windows at work and cannot access both vaults.

Is there a way for me to take advantage of this family license so multiple users are accessed on one machine... so to speak? A perfectly fine solution to this would be for Windows to support multiple vaults. Seems I really only need a single-user license.

Thank you.
-Chris

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi Chris,

I'm happy to say that 1Password for Windows can actually open multiple vaults - even though it doesn't have explicit support for multiple vaults yet. To do this, you'll first need to sync your vaults through Dropbox.

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Features/Sync/dropbox.html

Then, on Windows, you can switch vaults through File > Open 1Password Data Folder. Simply select the agilekeychain in your dropbox folder and you should be able to see all your data from that vault!

Let us know if that works for you. If not, please let us know at what step the trouble began, and we'll continue from there.

This discussion has been closed.