FEATURE REQUEST: Auto-lock Lock after program is idle for X minutes

Options
somainer
somainer
Community Member

I would really appreciate an auto-lock setting like in the title - so that if I do not use the 1Password App OR 1Password Mini for a user-specified amount of time, then I would be required to re-enter master password.

As far as I can tell, the current setting "Lock after computer is idle for X minutes" refers to any computer activity (not just 1Password or 1Password Mini usage.

Comments

• larea
    larea
    Community Member
    Options

Amen to that. I have 1Password installed on an "always on" computer at home that does some server-ish functions and I cannot consistently remember to lock it, so I am constantly finding it open. This could be fixed with an option to autolock within x minutes after 1Password is inactive rather than based on the computer going to sleep, or I could live with it locking x minutes after I open it regardless of activity. But not every computer is set to go to sleep when not in use. In the meantime I plan to look into setting up some sort of script to do this for me. (But if someone already has one and wants to post it that would be great......:) )

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @somainer‌ and @AndrewParker‌ and @larea,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're interested in a feature like this. There are already a lot of options in the lock preferences, and we do want to be sure that we don't overwhelm users with too many options, but I can see how this feature could be useful.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.