Understanding the Mac + Windows bundle

ninephammer
ninephammer
Community Member

My wife and I each have a Mac plus I still keep a Windows machine for the times that I need to use one. Your $49.95 bundle for family looks like it would be a good option for my situation but I wanted to confirm what the restrictions are. Can someone comment on this bundle and if it can be applied to up to five computers in a mixed environment?

Thanks

Comments

• russellweed
    russellweed
    Community Member
    edited April 2014

I had the same question recently. Here is the response I got:

A 1Password license is a user license. That means that each bundle license can be used by one person on as many Macs or Windows as they have. For a family license this means that up to 5 family members can use 1Password on as many machines as they have.

So in my case, I have 2 Windows PCs and a Mac - but that's all 1 "license" since I'm 1 person. My wife gets license #2 for her laptop, and we have 3 licenses in spare. (Still cheaper to buy the family pack than 2 individual licenses)

• ninephammer
    ninephammer
    Community Member

Many thanks for the response. Interesting way they interpret the meaning of license. I am used to the license being associated with a machine. Since I have two people in the house, sounds like I need the bundle.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014

Our licenses are per-user, not per-device. :)

It sounds like you will need a family license for the 1Password for Mac + Windows bundle, so that both you and your wife can install 1Password on all your Macs and PCs.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.