Feature Request: Make iOS search as quick as ⌘\

Options
mike1pass
mike1pass
Community Member

Dear agilebits Team,

You've done a superlative job making 1Password for Mac's global search functionality very quick to get to: just hit ⌘\

1Password for iOS? Not so much.

Example
After entering the master password, 1P for iPhone shows me last opened item by default. To do a global search, I need to do the following:

1. Tap Categories
  2. Tap All Items
  3. Tap the Search field at the top, then begin typing.

Suggestion
By default, perhaps as a preference setting, always open to a UI similar to the Mac 1P menu bar Helper App:

1. Search field prominent at the top, already selected, keyboard shown and ready to type
  2. The five or six most-used categories and functions directly below.

This presents the fastest possible interface to searching: no taps required. As another user selectable setting, leave the search field unselected to show more of the available categories and functions.

This request is similar, but a somewhat different take to, one raised by parasight (Jan 2014 - "Feature Proposal: A True Global Search Field in iOS").

Thanks for listening to your users agilebits Team!

Regards,
Michael

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! :)

You may have noticed that we improved access to search a bit in the new version 4.5, and the search bar is now shown on the Categories screen (no more tapping All Items). I hope that helps a bit!

This discussion has been closed.