Mac and iOS item counts do not match + minor issues

Options
wagnerone
wagnerone
Community Member

Hi,

The new versions of 1P for Mac and iOS look great! Way to go!

I updated to Mac 4.3 today as well as the latest versions that shipped for iOS on my iPhone 5 (7.0.4) and iPad Mini Retina (7.1).

After updating 1P in all 3 places, my iPhone seemed to Dropbox sync happily with my Mac.

The iPad 1P sync indicator (seen immediately after pressing "gear") seemed to rolling indefinitely, even though when I drilled into the gear icon, it said the sync had completed. At the moment, when I just re-checked this, the "gear sync roller icon" is static, but drilling into "Sync", it says the sync is currently in progress. That's probably a cosmetic/linkage thing with that sync spinner icon.

After syncing everything, I realized I had ~40 conflicts. I had just previously cleaned all my conflicting items up recently and knew (at least on the Mac) I had zero conflicting items as observed by a smart folder listing items with Conflict area present.

A lot of the conflicting items were items I knew I'd cleaned up last week. So, just in case my data was at fault, I disabled syncing everywhere and nuked the 1P data on my iPhone and iPad.

After reestablishing Dropbox Sync on my Mac, I re-synced the data to my iPhone and iPad. That seemed to go without a hitch.

However, the total item counts were off between my Mac and the 2 iOS devices. The Mac lists a total of 1196 items. The iPad and iPhone both show 1217 items.

My "Passwords" container on the iOS side has 20 more items in it than the Mac. The "Logins" container has 1 more item than the Mac. It seems especially odd that the 2 iOS devices that synced fresh from the Mac data have a greater number of items than the source. Maybe it's simply a calculation error.

There is also something quirky going on with unlock on the iPad. I have PIN lock at 1 minute and Master lock at 15 minutes.

After the iPad locks down after 1 minute, I type in the PIN and hit "Enter" on the iPad keyboard. 1P immediately then requests the Master password.

I'm now realizing this is due to hitting that Enter. If I pause before doing that and do not hit Enter, it lets me in.

This is probably due to my doing this often on the iPhone and it using the "number keyboard" where it's intuitive to not hit enter. Since the iPad uses the "full keyboard", it's intuitive (to me) to hit enter to input my keyed in value.

Not sure how that could be better presented.

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mike ( @wagnerone‌ )

I'm so sorry to hear your update process has not been smooth. If your Mac has all your up-to-date information, let's try starting fresh with the iOS apps and see if things work better. To start fresh, please try:

(Please note that deleting the 1Password data in Documents and Data is removing only the sync data from the device, and has no effect on the 1Password data stored in iCloud.)

• Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox

This should get your item counts matching, but please do let me know if you're still seeing discrepancies after reinstalling.

Your feedback on the PIN code for your iPad is much appreciated - you're right, hitting Enter is causing the app to read the code as incorrect, and that is why you are asked for your Master Password. I'll mention this to our developers to see if we can't improve this in the future. :)

• Thomas Wheaton
    Thomas Wheaton
    Community Member
    Options

I had a similar problem. 1password worked fine on mac and ipad, but would not sync on iphone, all with the most recent versions. I did as suggested here, removed 1Password from my iphone, went to the website indicated but was warned that this would destroy all my info on all my devices. So I did not do it. I then reinstalled 1Password on my iphone, selected syncing from my original vault in iCloud. Opened it, and it still has the old, out of sync data on the iphone. What to do?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting synced up. The reason that you're seeing the old data on your iOS device is that you did not remove the data from iCloud as suggested in the steps. In 1Password 4, your data is stored locally as well as in the sync source, so when we reset sync, we are simply allowing 1Password 4 for Mac to re-create a new copy of your database to be stored in iCloud.

Please try resetting sync again, and follow the website directions to clear that old data out of iCloud, it should work for you then!

• patrise
    patrise
    Community Member
    Options

thank you, this solved my problem, too!

• Jasper
    Options

Glad to hear, @patrise! On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.