BUG: Previously used passwords - Copy does not work [confirmed, fix coming]

Options
Oleg
Oleg
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

Clicking copy button in previously used passwords does not copy them to clipboard (in edit mode as well as in view mode).
I'm using 1Password Version 4.2.BETA-13 (420013)

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Oleg,

Thanks for reporting this! We thought that we had squashed this bug, but it appears to still be there. We'll look into a fix. :)

• grgz
    grgz
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I'm unable to copy my "web form details" or "previously used passwords" fields to the clipboard. The text is unselectable, and the copy button doesn't do anything. (Old clipboard contents remain unchanged.) 1P 4.2.1, OS X 10.9.2.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @grgz,

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty here. Unfortunately you're not the only one ... but we have the issue filed in our tracker and our developers are looking to find a solution for you all!

• ericsuh
    ericsuh
    Community Member
    Options

I have been able to reproduce a bug on my two computers, both running 1Password 4.2.2 (422001). For any of my accounts with "Previously Used Passwords", clicking "copy" on any of the old password doesn't do anything; anything previously on the clipboard stays there instead of being replaced by the old password. Anyone else see this?

• Jasper
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @ericsuh,

Thanks for the report - you're correct that this is an issue in 4.2.2.

We've just fixed this issue in the latest beta, so the next public release should include the fix as well. :)

• joe_carroll
    joe_carroll
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

So I was updating a password and generated a new one in the application. All good. But when I got to the page to change password for my account it asked for old password, naturally. So I tried to paste in the old password but it kept failing.

I found the problem is that with any entry in the 1Password 4 program previously used passwords dont get copied to the clipboard. This isn't earth shattering but quite annoying.

Using Mavericks (10.9.2)
    1Password 4.2.2 - Restarted program, eventually restarted computer.

Copying current password does work, thankfully.

Not sure if this is a known issue, or how to file a bug, so I'll just post here. Perhaps others can reproduce the issue?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @joe_carroll,

I've merged your post with an existing topic. As you'll see above, this is a known issue, and a fix is coming.

Please let us know if you have any questions! :)

• Serge
    Serge
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

When I click to copy previously used passwords either in 1Password or 1Password mini, just nothing happens, nothing is being copied (I'm on OS X 10.8.5).

Thank you!

• organleroy
    organleroy
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also using 4.2.2, on OS X 10.9.1, and experiencing the same problem. Very frustrating! Please address this.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Serge and @organleroy‌,

I've merged your posts with an existing topic. As you'll see above, this is a known issue, and a fix is coming.

Please let us know if you have any questions! :)

• matthiasmoier
    matthiasmoier
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Do you already know, when this fix will be available? After Heartbleed, I'm changing a lot of passwords and therefore would need this function a lot.

• Shark88
    Shark88
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I was just changing a whole bunch of passwords and had to use the previous passwords section of the entry in the 1Password mini. But all the copied previous passwords didn't work, so I figured out, that the copy button actually does not work. Because the copied password is only displayed with dots in the fields it wasn't that obvious in the beginning.

Can somebody check if the copy button at the field of previous passwords works for you? I am using 4.2.2

Thanks!

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @digitalCULT,

The fix is coming in version 4.3, which should be released very soon.

Hi @Shark88,

I've merged your post with this existing topic. As you'll see above, this is a known issue, and a fix is coming.

• Shark88
    Shark88
    Community Member
    Options

I just saw the topic, thanks for merging!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome, @Shark88. :)

• Oleg
    Oleg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for fixing it in 4.3 !

I'm just curious, is it possible to REMOVE previously used passwords ?

Thanks.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Oleg‌,

No, it's not possible to remove previously used passwords.

However, a workaround is to duplicate the item, then delete the old one. The previously used passwords will be removed in this case.

This discussion has been closed.