1Password doesn't work on Vanguard Site

lbdina
lbdina
Community Member

Vanguard.com uses a 2 step login procedure. First you type your login ID, and then it opens a new page where you type in your password. Most of the time, 1Password doesn't open the Vanguard site and I am left to manually type both User ID and PW. Occasionally, it does work, but I have no understanding when and why it works. Other sites work fine, but the Vanguard.com site is the one I most want to have work with 1Password, since I have my financial accounts there.

It seems to work fairly well with my iPad and iPhone, but on my Mac, it rarely works.

What do I need to do to make it work properly on my Mac. I am currently running OSX Mountain Lion, v10.8.5.

Thanks, Lou

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

There have been other discussions about the Vanguard login, including this one. Does that thread help at all?

Stephen

• lbdina
    lbdina
    Community Member

Thanks, Stephen.

On my Mac, (10.8.5), I created a manual Login entry in 1P. If I click the 1P Key in my Safari browser, it takes me to Vanguard's initial login page and enters my User ID. Then, I have to manually click the submit key, which takes me to the second page on the Vanguard site, where it requests my password. I have to click the 1P key in Safari a second time, at which point the PW is filled in and it automatically launches the site. Not ideal, but it works. Thanks for the workaround. I hope 1P will be able to handle these dual page login sites automatically in the future. If you have a better way of doing it, please let me know.

While I'm talking Vanguard, I have the Vanguard App on my iPad. I bought the 1P app from the App Store. Is there a way to tell 1P to open the Vanguard website within the Vanguard App? I have other similar apps for banking, etc, so your answer will help me figure out how to do this on the iPad and iPhone. If not, please provide suggestions.

Thanks,

Lou

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Because of Apple's sandboxing requirements 1P4 for iOS is not allowed to work directly with other iOS applications. You have two choices:

1. to open URLs from 1P within the 1P built-in browser (where auto fill can work); or
    2. to cut and paste user names, passwords, etc. from within 1P to another iOS application.

Some iOS apps have been developed specifically to work with 1Password. I don't know if you might be able to persuade Vanguard to do that with their app. ;)

Stephen

• lbdina
    lbdina
    Community Member

Thanks, Stephen. Now I know!!

Lou

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I'm glad it helped a little.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.