Best way to setup mac,windows,ios,maybe android with dropbox from scratch

Options
rgrunloh
rgrunloh
Community Member

Hi,

This is my second round trying to get 1Password to work with the way I work. I tend to not accept defaults and I think this caused my problems. I first installed 1Password for windows a few weeks ago, and set it to use dropbox, but I didn't use the default 1Password.agilekeychain vault name; IOS can't find it now in dropbox, and won't let me specify the name (it was in the dropbox root). Therefore it refuses to do anything.
When I setup 1Password 4.2.2 on my Mac, I forgot to set up dropbox. I found I could not delete everything to start fresh, each time I must have missed a file, because it would assume it was already installed and not allow me to delete the vault. I could connect to dropbox but only as a secondary vault.

So my question is, how should one clean up all this and start over, with current versions on mac, windows, and ios. In what order should I install?

I need at least these 3 platforms to synchronize, android can wait. I've read some docs on this but nothing seems to cover the combo of all 3.

Thanks, Robert Grunloh

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Robert ( @rgrunloh ),

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, at this point, the iOS app is only able to see keychains with the default name ( 1Password.agilekeychain ) upon the initial set-up. This is something our developers are working to change, but leaving your primary vault with the default name will make things easier for you here (for the time being at least.)

The instructions for Starting Over should get you all sorted out, just please be sure to turn off 1Password for Windows before following these instructions.

Please let me know if you hit any snags in the process :)

This discussion has been closed.