Multiple Vaults opening and Items Disappearing!

Options
guydonovan
guydonovan
Community Member

I have just started using 1Password as a demo license at the moment, in order to get a feel for it. This morning I've had a couple things happen that have worried me a bit.

1] When I opened the 1password app I was invited to unlock my primary vault - when I did this it also unlocked my other vaults too. This surprised me. I use a computer that other can access, so I wanted a "personal vault that I'd only open for bank details etc, but have a general one used for internet passwords, logins, less secure stuff etc.

2] When I saw that all the vaults opened together I figured, whats the point of having stuff separate, so I moved all items over to my primary vault. I then viewed my vault on my other computer, and instead of moving the items it has simple deleted them. Now looking back at the original computer they have vanished off there too.

Have I done something wrong or is how the software is supposed to work?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @guydonovan‌

Thanks so much for giving 1Password a try! I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

1. This is working as designed. We wanted to ensure that you really only have to remember one Master Password, so the encryption keys for all secondary vaults are held by the primary one. This gives you access to all your data when you enter your Master Password. If you would like to access a secondary vault directly, you can do so by selecting 1Password > Switch to Vault while 1Password is locked. Enter the secondary vault's password to unlock, and your Master Password will be required before you can switch to another vault. Generally, your personal information should be stored in the primary vault, and secondary vaults are available to be shared with family or co-workers as necessary.

2. It sounds like something may have gotten tangled up here. I'd like to take a closer look at your system to see what's going on. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.