Sync with iOS, Mac, and Windows

Options
russtms1
russtms1
Community Member

Until the most recent update, everything worked. My Mac and two iOS devices synced both in iCloud and through DropBox. Syncing through iCloud has always been more reliable, but now I can only choose one sync method on each device -- which can't be iCloud because the Windows version won't accept it. So I guess I'm stuck syncing to DropBox, and I've heard a huge number of problems with that service (I've had a few myself, mostly on iOS). Why can't I keep both syncing methods so that I can comfortably use all my devices?

Comments

• Grunt_at_the_Point
    Grunt_at_the_Point
    Community Member
    Options

I was having that problem. The solution for me was to go to 1Password on my Mac, open preferences, open sync, then there was something else that I clicked and now all my devices are syncing. Whatever it was that I clicked in sync on my Mac is no longer present. Give it a try.

• Grunt_at_the_Point
    Grunt_at_the_Point
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, one other thing I did was to turn off my devices and turn them back on. Things seems to be working okay.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @russtms1‌

I apologize for the trouble here. When we initially released 1Password 4 for iOS, we had hoped to allow users to enable multiple sync solutions at a time, as you have done. However, we heard from too many users reporting cases of duplicated data and conflicts, so the decision was made in 4.5 to make the iOS app's sync options more similar to Mac and allow only one sync solution at a time.

Hopefully enabling just one solution will provide a more reliable and error-free sync process for you.

If you do need to sync your data with Windows, Dropbox is your best option right now. Our developers are always looking for alternative sync solutions though. :)

This discussion has been closed.