Upgraded to 1Pw 4.5.1, Dropbox sync fails on all iOS devices

RRettke
RRettke
Community Member

I just upgraded 1Pw iOS to 4.5.1 on my iPad Air, iPad 2 and iPhone 5S. Since upgrading the sync fails on every device. I have disconnected and reconnected dropbox, restarted the sync numerous times. Always fails with…

Failed to download file from Dropbox.
Please try again later.
Path: /Keychains/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/
4th line is a long hex number followed by .1password (the hex number changes with each failure)

What to do?

Comments

• RRettke
    RRettke
    Community Member

Hmm., Seems to be resolved, but what I did doesn't seem to correlate well.

The only way I could get the sync to complete successfully, was to change (on each device) the Auto Lock setting to NEVER. Then the initial Dropbox sync would work. Very strange, but at least after 2 hrs of messing with this we're back in business.

• Good afternoon @RRettke‌, and thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry for the trouble that you had getting 1Password to sync properly across all your devices. What most likely happened is that Dropbox ended up rate-limiting your connection to their service, which happens from time to time with a large amount of activity from 1Password. The only solution there is to wait it out, which it sounds like you did.

Now that you're up and running you shouldn't notice this problem again. Especially with the improvements for background sync in 4.5.1, meaning that your data will be kept up to date even when the app isn't running.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you, and thanks for being a 1Password customer!

This discussion has been closed.