1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini

Options
Londoner
Londoner
Community Member

I wonder if someone can help. Since yesterday, every time I start 1Password 4 on my iMac, I am faced with error message "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini, Please restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits support." I restart 1Password, and nothing but faced with same issue again and again. Is this a known problem? How do I resolve this issue?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Londoner,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

When you quit 1Password, are you quitting the Mini as well? Please try quitting 1Password using Control-Command-Q or click on the key in your menu bar, select Settings (the gear/vault icon beside the Search) and 'Quit 1Password Mini.'

Does this resolve things any better?

• kent9099
    kent9099
    Community Member
    Options

What solved the problem for me was to uninstall 1Password, remove the extension in Safari and then reinstall all.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kent9099‌

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm sorry that it was a bit of an involved process for you though.

I hope things go smoothly for you from now on, but we're here to help if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.