4.1.2 moving password from smart folder to trash immediately deletes it

Options
Niklas
Niklas
Community Member

Drag a password or other item from any smart folder to the trash and it can not be recovered from there. I don't think this is the intended behaviour, no?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried that with a new test login and was able to restore the item (and it appeared again in the smart folder). I am, however, using the latest beta version of 1P4 so I suppose it might be a bug that's been fixed. Are you not seeing the Restore button at the bottom of the item itself when it's in the trash?

Stephen

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not seeing the item at all after moving the item to the trash from a smart folder.

• MikeT
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @Niklas,

Can you fully restart the 1Password app by opening 1Password and go to the 1Password Menu, press and hold the Control key to select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini. Now, open 1Password again, is there anything in the Trash or the smart folder?

Like Stephen, I can't reproduce this.

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

I even restarted my Mac, still behaves the same.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi Niklas,

Like the others here, I'm unable to reproduce this. Is the issue still occurring in the new version 4.3?

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP‌ Yes, still happens in 4.3 (Mac App Store version).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Niklas,

Can you post the criteria for any Smart Folder that you're having this issue with? Thanks!

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

This happens in all my smart folders, but here are two sets of criteria:

Search: [Logins]
    [Change date] [is less than] [2010-01-30]

Search: [Logins]
    [Password strength] [is less than or equal to] [weak]

• Meek
    Options

Hi @Niklas,

I gave it a try with those exact Smart Folder rules, and I was still unable to reproduce the behaviour that you are seeing.

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.