Best way to store passwords for logins like Steam without Autofill

Options
einc
einc
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering: Is there a way to autofill username and passwords in sign-in forms prompted by certain programs on startup (e.g. Steam, Origin, online brokerage software, etc...)?

If not (which I think is the case), can that be a feature in the future? Also, what's the best, fastest way to fill-in passwords for these non-web based logins? Should I store them in a certain way in 1P?

Many thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @einc‌

Thanks for taking the time to write in here.

Currently, to fill a Login in a non-browser app, you can use 1Password Mini and its handy anchor feature. Try this:

• Use ⌘\ to open 1Password Mini
    • Start typing the name of the Login you wish to find, or navigate to it with the mouse
    • While viewing the item's details, click the anchor key in the bottom left corner
    • This will 'pin' the details to your screen so that they can be easily copied and pasted.

If you're willing to type your username in manually (which is usually significantly easier than a 20-character randomly generated password), you can simply find the entry in 1Password Mini and hit enter when the password field is highlighted. This will copy it to your clipboard for easy pasting. (This is the option that I normally use.)

That isn't to say that we don't want to add the feature to fill automatically in the future ... it's just not quite so easy a feat as filling in the browser. ;)

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.