OSX Sync Issues [moved to email]

Options
dinol
dinol
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Running OSX v 10.9.2 on a laptop and desktop with 1Password v 4.2.2 on both. Number of items on 1Password on each do not match. Using ICloud to sync both. Have disable sync on each computer and deleted data on ICloud and rebooted. Then enabled synch on the desktop and uploaded data to ICloud before doing the same on the laptop. Number of items on the desktop and laptop still do not match. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dinol,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting your 1Password data syncing with iCloud between your Macs. While you may have already done this, let's try resetting syncing again to see if that gives things a proper kickstart:

• On each Mac, open 1Password 4 and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.
    • Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart both Macs.

• On the first Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait at least 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync.

• Go back to your second Mac and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

Please let me know how that goes. If you're still having trouble after resetting, we'll investigate further!

• dinol
    dinol
    Community Member
    Options

Followed your instructions but notice data still not synced. Have also just updated 1 Password to v 4.3.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

1Password for iOS updated to version 4.5 this morning for those who are on iOS 7. To get syncing working again with that, I needed to follow the instructions in this post.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dinol,

I'm sorry iCloud syncing is still stubbornly stuck after being reset (again). To help with troubleshooting and fixing it, please send us a Diagnostics Report from both of your Macs, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the reports would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Presumably you're not syncing with 1Password for iOS since you hadn't mentioned it?

• dinol
    dinol
    Community Member
    Options

One diagnostic laptop report and one diagnostic desktop report submitted in two separate emails.

Have not installed 1 Password on IOS.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Thanks for sending in the reports, @dinol! Someone from our team will follow up with you as soon as possible to get this problem resolved.

• phonon
    phonon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am having a similar problem, where two of my macs and my iPad and iPhone all synch properly, but that third mac says it is synching but it appears to be synching with a different file on iCloud. The two versions of the passwords are not identical. I started to follow your instructions from April 21, but when I clicked the box to remove the data from iCloud, I got a scary red message that says it will delete my data from iCloud AND ALL MY DEVICES. I was afraid to continue. If I do this, will I lose all my data altogether?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @phonon,

Selecting that option will only delete the iCloud sync data from all devices. The data stored in your vault locally on the device will remain there. :)

• phonon
    phonon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I am still having a problem, though. I turned of synching on all devices and computers. I restarted them all. Then I enabled synching through iCloud on the computer that has the most recent passwords. When I did, I got a message about finding a vault or file (I forget the exact wording) on iCloud. I let psyching proceed. Then I went to the next computer, and when I enabled synching, I got a different message, one about creating a new file or something. The synched passwords don't match. I thought maybe I was accidentally synching to two different iCloud accounts, but I can't figure out how to tell (and I think I only have one iCloud account). What should I try next?

• Meek
    Options

Hi @phonon,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Lets figure out whats going on.

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from each of your computers?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach both files to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.