Trouble with Citibank login

Options
pomme4moi
pomme4moi
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

I've used 1P to log into Citibank for some time, and it's worked fine until recently. Maybe the site has changed. What I see happening when 1P tries to log me in:

1. The Citibank webpage opens
  2. 1P fills in the user name and password - I can see the animated fill-in of the fields
  3. 1P then blanks out the user name field - not sure why
  4. 1P tries to log me in
  5. The Citibank site displays an error saying "missing / invalid user name"

I need to find a way to prevent step 3 above from taking place. I've tried to manually create a new login using the steps below, but with the same result as above:

A. Navigate to the web page in question using your web browser of choice.
B. Enter your username, password, and any other required fields if applicable (security code, PIN, etc), but DO NOT submit the form.
C. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the vault button in the upper right hand corner.
D. Click the “Save new login” option, and then change the title (if desired).
E. Click the Save button.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe post #4 in this thread holds the promise of some improvement for you.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @pomme4moi,

I'm not sure which Citibank page you're using, but the 4.1.0 extension appears to have an issue like you've described with at least the https://online.citibank.com/US/JSO/signon/LocaleUsernameSignon.do?locale=en_US page. And filling does work correctly there using the 4.2.0 beta extension (which is mentioned in the linked topic @Stephen_C's in reply). I hope that helps!

• stvbaker
    stvbaker
    Community Member
    Options

Citibank has changed its login page to:
    https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do
    and I can no longer use the old logins I had for citibank. They only fill in the password.
    When I delete the old logins to the trash, two things happen. First, in Top View layout, when I select one login (say #A) and move it to the trash, it reappears in Top View and the login just below it in the list (say #B) is trashed instead. Second, when I have deleted the correct login and enter login credentials into the citibank page above, 1Password for Mac does not "see" the entry and does not ask to save the credentials. The Page Source looks to have no "username" or "password" field code. I don't know how citibank is doing the logging-in task.

For AgileBits folks, can you figure out some way to fix the citibank issue, where 1Password doesn't see the login credentials? I would say that I have noticed this same behavior on a few other sites recently, with a previously working login suddenly starting to fill out only the password field and leaving the username field blank.

For anyone, I am using 1PW 4.2.2 on Mac OS X 10.9.2. Is anyone else having problems moving logins improperly between "Logins" and "Trash"?

Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stvbaker‌

I've merged your discussion with an existing one on Citibank. It's a Login that has given users trouble for a while now. Please see @sjk's comment above for details.

As to the issue you're seeing when you try to delete items in top view, this was a bug in an earlier version that our developers thought they had squashed. I've done some testing here and I cannot reproduce it. Does this happen each time you try to drag an item to trash from the top view?

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member
    Options

Re the problem I reported on 23 March with the Citibank website: I was hoping that the upgrade to 1Password For Mac version 4.3 would solve the problem, but it didn't. I continue to have the same problem. Any further advice on how to fix this? Thx

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pomme4moi,

I'm sorry that 1Password still isn't working correctly for you with the Citibank site. Is it the https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do page that's giving you trouble? Which web browser are you using and have you tried the beta version of the 1Password extension? If you open the Citibank page first, then fill it with your Login item, does it behave any differently?

Thanks in advance for that additional information!

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the site I am accessing is https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do. I am using Safari version 7.0.3 with OS X version 10.9.2. I have not tried using the beta version of the 1P extension.

If I bring up the Citibank web page, position my cursor in the User ID field and press COMMAND \, 1P then fills in the User ID and Password fields correctly. This method works well. But clicking on the Login from within 1P does not fill the page correctly.

Thx

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pomme4moi‌

I'm glad to hear that you are able to log in using the ⌘\ shortcut at least! I can understand if you are unwilling to try out the beta extension, our developers have been making some great changes here, but it is still a beta, which means it's always being tested. We'll do our best to have the new version of the extension ready for release soon to make your life a bit easier here.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

FYI: I can confirm auto-filling at the URL posted above works correctly w/the both the Safari and Firefox 4.2.0b16 extension.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @MrC.

There's an issue in Chrome (with the 4.2.0.16 extension) where the User ID field displays empty after using Go & Fill:

… but will appear if it's clicked:

In all other cases with each browser (and the beta extension), both fields are filled with the User ID field appearing masked:

Clicking will unmask it.

This discussion has been closed.