iCloud sync with folder sync?

Options
mnem
mnem
Community Member

I have a somewhat unusual setup where I'd like to sync 1Password data between quite a few platforms. Dropbox isn't an option for a variety of reasons, but I was wondering if it was possible to use iCloud sync along with folder sync? This would provide something similar to Dropbox sync where iCloud would take care of keeping the Mac and iOS devices updated, and normal folder synchronization would handle the other platforms.

At the moment I can do this manually by turning off iCloud sync, switching to folder sync to update the agilekeychain in the folder, then turning iCloud sync back on, but it's dull having to do that, and computers should be exciting!

I suspect that having both enabled simultaneously may not be something you want to support because of headaches when conflicts occur, but an alternative which would be useful (or useful to me at least :) ) would be to have a "live" folder backup of the current iCloud keychain. That is, something which wasn't compressed and behaved similarly to the normal agile keychain folder with the 1Password anywhere html file, but could be considered read only - any updates to the iCloud keychain would overwrite the contents of that folder.

Any chance of seeing something like this in the future? :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.