1Password 4 not starting up after Time Machine Restore [moved to email]

Options
marlot108
marlot108
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Hi There,

Ever since I had to restore my MacBook pro from a time machine backup recently I have not been able to open 1Password 4. I have tried uninstalling and starting a fresh with both the MAS version and the version from your website. Every time I get to the screen to input my password it freezes/crashes. There is lots of threads on this on your forum but I have been unable to find a solution that works from reading the comments. Please could you look at this asap for me. I have also sent you a diagnostics report.

Many thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

When you tried to start over did you follow the instructions in this knowledge base article?

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marlot108,

We've received your email with the Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from our support team will respond to you as soon as possible to help resolve this problem.

Have you already tried the instructions in the starting over guide that @Stephen_C referred to?

• marlot108
    marlot108
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Yes I followed the starting over guide with the exception of turning off 1Password mini as I couldn't access the preferences to do so. I then double checked through spotlight that I had no reference to agilebits or 1password anywhere.

I'm not sure whether this will help you but today I managed to get the extension in Google working by installing a different version of the extension through the Chrome search function (see attached). I still can't get any version of the main App to open though.

Let me know if I can provide you with any more information,

Many Thanks

Tim

• Meek
    Options

Hi @marlot108‌,

Thanks for the update! We'll respond by email to keep everything organized in a single place :)

This discussion has been closed.