Editing Entries

Options
AnthonyW88
AnthonyW88
Community Member

Can create new entries OK in the android app, but not able to Edit existing. capability of editing is needed so PW updates etc can be done via the mobile device. Essential for when on the road and left the laptop behind.

Comments

• AnthonyW88
    AnthonyW88
    Community Member
    Options

I notice that it is posible to edit an existing entry on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 but the editing feature is not available/visible on the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. The tablet is my main device for using 1Password as im sure itis for many other users.

• If everything is working as it should, you should be able to edit existing items. Please try the following:

1. Select login items from categories list.
    2. Tap any login item in the list.
    3. Tap the overflow menu (three vertical dots at the top right of the action bar)
    4. Tap edit.

When you follow these steps, are you able to edit the login item?

• @AnthonyW88 I merged your two posts into a single thread as they were both about being able to edit entries.

From your second post, I see that you are having this problem specifically with the tablet interface. The edit button isn't found in the overflow menu in the tablet layout for 1Password on Android, but instead has it's own button in the action bar. It's the button that looks like a pencil drawing a line. Do you see this on your Galaxy Note 10.1? If not, could I get you to post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

• AnthonyW88
    AnthonyW88
    Community Member
    Options

found the edit button after your reply, thanks. Sorry for not responding sooner, got distracted on a new project here in Macau.

• mverde
    Options

Glad to help! I hope the distraction was a good one :)

This discussion has been closed.