My first impression 4.0.0b14 (Build 20140407)

Options
hakaro
hakaro
Community Member

I went to beta cause of missing custom fields in actual Android version.
And what should I say - it's awesome - hurry up, release it ...

Environment:
1Password 4 on Mac (primary used)
1Password 4 on iPhone 5s (not so often used)
1Password 4 beta on phone Sony XPeria Z1c (Android 4.4.2) (primary used)
1Password 4 beta on tablet Google/Samsung Nexus 10 (not so often used)
1Password for windows (I hadn't time to install beta till yet) - (not so often used)

Cause I can't find a open bug/todo list - here are my request after 2h testing:
1. After you went to >Security>Pin Code and turn that to ON the changing get only affected after restart the software (you have to exit 1 time).
Here should come any information window about the needed exit.

That's it from my side, beside some unimportant things like german translation and help-page (>menu>help but there comes a TODO information)
Nothing more found ...

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi @hakaro! Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm really happy to hear you're enjoying the beta. :) Let's dive right into the points you brought up.

1. I am unable to reproduce this. I went into Settings > Security > PIN Code, and changed the toggle to ON. Then, I immediately put 1Password in the background by tapping on the home button. When I returned, I was asked for my PIN Code. Could you please verify if you're still able to reproduce this issue?

2. German translation will come soon along with other languages :)

3. Help page will be implemented very soon!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• hakaro
    hakaro
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @saad,

1. you are right - if you have already installed the app - switching of the security feature is possible without any problems. I reproduced this also.

Try this:

• uninstall the app
    • install the app again: I took: "I used 1Password before" - "sync with Dropbox" - syncing - syncing complete - enter Master Password
    • in the app: settings - security - Pin code to "ON" and enter Pin-code - the app brings you back to security overview page - now press "HOME" on your device.
    • Opening the app again and "Master Password" should be prompted instead of PIN-code
      You can try this more then 1 time - always the same.
      Now change to PIN-Code (maybe you have to turn OFF and ON again) and exit the app via "back" button or "menu-Exit".
      After that it will work.
      Can you reproduce this?
    1. Another thing after a little testing on the weekend: missing more "Search All" functions
      If you open the app you starts in Folder "Favorites"
      If you know a part of the name of a record (for example pass instead of 1Password), but nothing else I have to go to "Menu" - "Categories" - "All Items" ... then you can use the "search" button
      For my opinion this is a little bit inconvenient.
      Isn't it possible to implement a "search all" button/function closer to the start "favorites" folder?
      For example in Favorites a "search all"-icon
      or in the left sliding menu (additional to Favorites, Categories, Folders, "Search all", Settings)

Still impressed - release it ... other-languages and help-page can be implemented later also :)

• saad
    Options

Thank you for providing us with instructions to recreate this issue. I can confirm that this is a bug, I was able to reproduce it on my Nexus 7. I will pass this on to our development team so we can fix it as part of an update.

As for quicker access to search, this is one of our top requested features. We appreciate your feedback, and I will add your suggestion to our issue tracker. :) Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

• hakaro
    hakaro
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Regarding.0.0b15 (Build 20140425) (17)
    Only for info - nothing changed regarding above described points.
    In fact, cause changing the back-button behavior now after acitvating pin (after first install) you habe to press menu-exit to activate this feature.

But I guess time was too short to change this ;)

• mverde
    Options

Unfortunately, the issue is still present in beta 16 as well. I have added a note to remind our development team to look into this issue. Thank you for reporting this and for your other feedback as well!

This discussion has been closed.