Multiple vaults

Options
Jerem
Jerem
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Android

Hi,
maybe it's me but I didn't managed to change the current safe on the Android beta.
Is there an hidden way to access it ?

Comments

• Iiefje
    Iiefje
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi, any thoughts on allowing users to have multiple databases for password storage yet?

Would like to use this app for my partners passwords and also my work passwords, but no way to keep things really apart in 1password.
    Unlike some other (also great) apps that do have this option.... Of course, no app better than 1password ;)

Yvonne

• saad
    edited April 2014
    Options

Multiple vaults is not yet supported in 1Password Beta for Android. This is something our developers are looking over at this time.

• jturmel
    jturmel
    Community Member
    Options

One of the primary reasons I'm considering switching from LastPass is the business aspect which means I'll have a personal and business vault, is there any chance this will be available at release or very soon after?

• saad
    Options

Hey @jturmel. I can't really promise if it will be available for release, but I'll add your vote for this request to help speed things up. This is a very important feature and a lot of us are looking forward to having it on Android too.

• int80h
    int80h
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Bytor
    Bytor
    Community Member
    Options

+1 here

• saad
    Options

Thanks for your votes!

• misterbiscuit
    misterbiscuit
    Community Member
    Options

Please count my vote as well!

• saad
    Options

I will. :) Thank you for your feedback.

• Mike Fogel
    Mike Fogel
    Community Member
    Options

+1 This is a make or break for me. Thanks!

• Axel
    Axel
    Community Member
    Options

Given the tone of announcements around b15, can we now assume this will not appear in the initial public release for Android?

Multiple vaults for Android is not an absolute requirement for me now because the desktop implementation is still too limited (see various threads on shared vaults on Mac). So I'll keep manually shadowing passwords to a competitor product. However, lack of Android support would be a blocker for me switching my family to 1Password if the Mac side ever gets fixed. Its a bit frustrating that multliple vaults still seems so half-baked. Its not clear to me there's a real product plan for multiple vaults.

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member
    Options

Multiple vaults on Mac and iOS is pretty awesome. Between my wife and me, I am the computer geek / tech support. So, when something like Heartbleed comes along and her passwords need to be updated, it generally falls to me to go through and take care of it. Doing so was really convenient on my Mac. After signing on as my wife and sharing her 1Password vault on Dropbox with me, I was able to connect it to my 1Password, switch over to it, and use it to go through and sign onto her account on web sites, update her passwords, and save the updates to her 1Password vault, which Dropbox then sync'd back to her copies of 1Password everywhere.

Being able to do this "on the go" from my Android device(s) will be really handy. Doubly so, since I am no longer including my wife's passwords in my vault, just in hers.

• mverde
    Options

While I can't say when multiple vaults will be implemented, I can say that there are a lot of us at AgileBits (myself included) who also want this feature for our own use. As we get closer to launch, there are going to be concerns about why certain features are not implemented and that is perfectly understandable. Different features are going to be important to each of our customers for different reasons.

If a feature that you are waiting for is not yet included when we release on Google Play, I encourage you to continue to provide us feedback here. We have been paying very close attention and taking a lot of notes throughout the beta period. Your feedback has been instrumental in directing a lot of the changes that were made during the beta and this will continue to be the case even after we release on Google Play. Thank you for your continued support!

This discussion has been closed.