editing existing Vaults

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member

Hi,

I am just learning about multiple vaults.

At the time of creation you can change the picture etc. How do you do this for an existing vault?

Thanks!
J.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@JamesHenderson

Hi James

At this time its not possible, its slated for a future update.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

no problem :-)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @JamesHenderson.

Like @thightower mentioned, there’s currently no way to directly edit a vault’s details after creating it. However, there is another way described in this article:

Edit a vault's details

I hope that helps. :)

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

thanks @sjk!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My pleasure, @JamesHenderson. :)

• michaelaye
    michaelaye
    Community Member
    Options

The above linked article doesn't work for me in

1Password 4
    Version 4.4 (440002)
    Agile Web Store

When I click on the copy of thy .agilekeychain I am NOT being asked to configure a new vault, it just opens the vault that this .agilekeychain file was connected to for syncing. Any tips?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @michaelaye,

Have you tried disabling syncing with the keychain in the original vault before opening that keychain to create a new vault?

Now that it's possible to copy/move multiple items between vaults, here are alternative instructions for changing vault details:

• Run File > Backup as a safety net to restore if necessary.
    • Create a new secondary vault with desired details, noting that its name must be unique.
    • Copy (or move) items from a current vault to new secondary, noting that this can be processor/time consuming for larger numbers of items so doing it in smaller batches may be preferable.
    • Remove original secondary vault, then optionally recreate it with its original name and copy (or move) items to it from the other secondary and delete the latter after that.

Syncing may need to be disabled/reenabled (on multiple systems/devices) if it's configured in the original secondary vault, regardless of the current procedure used to change vault details. It'll be possible to directly change them in an upcoming update.

This discussion has been closed.