Does not work on 1024x720 screen

Options
Karnak
Karnak
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Android

I'm trying to run the latest 4/7 beta version on my Touchpad w/ KitKat Cyanogen (4.4.2, from milaq.exnet.me). It's a 1024x720 screen, and the initial screen (I believe it's the Allow / Deny) dialogue is chopped off. I cannot do anything but force-kill the app.

This has been the behavior for each beta I've tried on the Touchpad since the first 1Password Android beta drop, and over the course of several Android versions as well. It seems to be specifically a bug with the screen dimensions or perhaps the DPI.

Comments

• saad
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @Karnak. It's quite possible the resolution of your device does not support 1Password Beta. Let's figure out what's going on. The Allow/Deny dialogue is actually within the Dropbox app itself, and not 1Password. Could you uninstall the Dropbox app and try setting up Dropbox sync in 1Password again? 1Password will use the browser instead for Dropbox permissions. Please let me know if this works!

• exsilium
    exsilium
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

I have also resolution related issue. Trying this beta out on a Blackberry Q10, the Q10 runs in 720x720 resolution and trying to setup is almost impossible, the first setup screen and the buttons are not usable in that configuration. So for example I'm unable to choose to link the app with dropbox.

• saad
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @exsilium. Could you send us a screenshot from your BlackBerry Q10 of what you're seeing exactly? It would really help us!

• Karnak
    Karnak
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, original poster here. I have the Touchpad screenshot available, I hope it is appropriate to post here:

I can do nothing but quit the app; all touch zones are out-of-bounds.

• gwu
    gwu
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here, same device and android version

• mverde
    Options

Hi @gwu‌ and @Karnak‌,

It looks like you may be running an old version of the beta. While I can't promise that the results will be the same on your devices (I don't have a Touchpad to test on), the latest version of the beta is usable when I run it on an emulated device with similar specs and resolution to the Touchpad. Please update to beta 16 and let me know if that helps with the rendering issues that you're experiencing.

• gwu
    gwu
    Community Member
    Options

I changed DPI from 160 to 120 and then installed beta 15. It has worked since then. I am not sure if DPI change or new beta made the difference.

• mverde
    Options

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get it working! If you're feeling adventurous, I would be curious to know whether changing the DPI back to 160 causes any problems with beta 16.

This discussion has been closed.