Local WiFi Sync of iPhone and iPad

Options
Honcho1946
Honcho1946
Community Member

I've followed the instructions very carefully to snyc both an iPhone and iPad to an iMac using the local WiFi method. The iPhone repeatedly gives me a "Sync Started" message, but always times out with an Error Code 60 (a dozen attempts).

The iPad mini did the same thing 4 times, but on the 5th attempt, the iPad asked me for the master password on the iMac (not to be confused with the "Secret" for the WiFi link which I had already input) and then completed the snyc in a couple of seconds. The iPad can now repeatedly be synchronized without difficulty in a second or two, but still no joy with the iPhone. All devices are running the latest and greatest updates. Any ideas?

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi @Honcho1946‌,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Lets figure out whats going on.

Do you have the Mac OS X Firewall set up? Depending on how it is configured, it can sometimes cause Wifi sync to not work properly, so lets try temporarily disabling that to see if that is the problem.

1. Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall
    2. Click the lock in the lower left corner, if needed.
    3. Click the Turn Off Firewall button.
    4. Make sure that your Mac and iOS device are connected to the same Wifi network.
    5. Try syncing again.
This discussion has been closed.