Second Mac does not see multiple vaults

Options
Stéphane Bitterlin
Stéphane Bitterlin
Community Member

Hello,

I have a problem this morning with 1password 4.
On a first Mac, I created 6 different vaults. Then I synced each one with dropbox. To do this, I opened each vault and I went to the app preferences to check "sync with dropbox". In dropbox, I have now 6 different ".agilekeychain" files.

I can sync all these vaults with my iPhone. No problem here.

But this morning I installed 1password 4 on a second Mac from the Mac App Store. It's my Mac at work.
When I launched the app, I was said that data were found on dropbox which is great but now I only see my main vault. I can't switch in a different vault because I don't have the option.

Could somebody help me ? Maybe I do something wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• hunter99
    hunter99
    Community Member
    Options

I have been trying to do the same thing. I found another thread that mentioned to manually add the vault. I went to do that but both vaults are greyed out so it doesn't seem to recognize that file as one that can be manually added. Both vaults are set to sync as well. Hopefully, someone has the answer.

• Stéphane Bitterlin
    Stéphane Bitterlin
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I found a solution this morning thanks to you hunter99.
    To add existing vaults saved on Dropbox, you just have to open 1password, go in the Dropbox folder and double click on each vault to add them.
    1password will then ask for the password of the vault and add it.

It worked for me.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Stéphane and @hunter99‌

I apologize for the trouble here. The instructions on how to share a non-primary vault should help you out here. Each vault will have to be synced individually.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

• Stéphane Bitterlin
    Stéphane Bitterlin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Thanks for your help. The link was very useful and confirmed that I did the right thing to add a non-primary vault on my second Mac.

• Meek
    Options

Hi Stéphane,

On behalf of Megan, I'm happy to hear that helped! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

This discussion has been closed.