1PasswordAnywhere cannot access Key Data File

Options
2»

Comments

• Gyran
    Gyran
    Community Member
    Options

In the meantime while the 1Password team fixes the issue you can have a look at the this Chrome Extension called 1Passwordanywhere extension I've created if you are using Google Chrome.
    I have integrated it as a Dropbox application so it will have access to your 1password data (the data is only used by your browser). It will fill out login forms on any platform, 1Password dosen't have to be installed (Dropbox don't even have to be synced to the computer). It also has a discussion thread if you have any questions or feedback regarding the extension.
    If you get a error messages when trying to authenticating with Dropbox please add a comment this issue or a comment in the extensions discussion.
    Any feedback or suggestions are welcome!

• usedbywho
    usedbywho
    Community Member
    Options

In the meantime, a redesign of 1PasswordAnywhere would be nice to have considering other versions already got one

• cvanes
    cvanes
    Community Member
    Options

As already mentioned you can workaround the issue by updating the fullKeychainFilePath function in 1Password.html to append the parameters that dropbox is adding when viewing/loading files.

function fullKeychainFilePath(filename) {
    return top.keychainFolder + "data/" + top.current_profile + "/" + filename + "?_subject_uid=????&w=???";
    }

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

@cvanes - So do I understand you correctly that I should append exactly

• "?_subject_uid=????&w=???"; }

to the rest of the string you quote in your above post? After removing the terminal semicolon that is on the line now? I can find this in TextWrangler, but without the added characters.

I need to be really careful - I have no idea what I'd be doing here.

On second thought, I think it's best if I don't mess around with this file.

• rafaelrinaldi
    rafaelrinaldi
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth‌ You have to replace the ? by the values you see when you access 1Password.html from Dropbox.

I've been using this workaround but it feels dirty indeed. Very disappointed at AgileBits in taking so long to give users a solution to such a big issue (Linux users can't use 1Password at all because of this).

• bscepter
    bscepter
    Community Member
    Options

same issue here. is there a way to use 1password anywhere with iCloud?

• bguthrie
    bguthrie
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here... Hope AgileBits responds soon with an official fix...

• Jacky_Tan
    Jacky_Tan
    Community Member
    Options

May I know is the problem of dropbox inaccessible 1password anywhere still remain unsolved? Hope AgileBits solve it soon as I just purchase the apps and thought of try 1password anywhere.:(

• 2ghouls
    2ghouls
    Community Member
    Options

As already mentioned you can workaround the issue by updating the fullKeychainFilePath function in 1Password.html to append the parameters that dropbox is adding when viewing/loading files.

function fullKeychainFilePath(filename) { return top.keychainFolder + "data/" + top.current_profile + "/" + filename + "?_subject_uid=????&w=???"; }

Thanks @cvanes! I would rather have a workaround then not be able to use 1PasswordAnywhere at all.
    For those still confused who really need to access their 1PasswordAnywhere through dropbox.com. When you click the 1password.html file and get the error message, copy the URL in your address bar into a text editor. Now download the 1password.html file and open it in a text editor, search (cmd/cntrl-F) the text for "funtion fullKeychainFilePath(filename)..." and paste in your specific subject_uid code to the end (see above). Then save the file, re-upload it to dropbox, and everything will work again (for the time being).

• abbabul
    abbabul
    Community Member
    Options

@cvanes -- thanks again for the workaround. Worked like a charm. Does anyone know whether a synch from the home computer will overwrite this change?

For the AgileBits devs: I would love to see this fixed ASAP; I've been experiencing it since mid-to-late last week. 1PasswordAnywhere is a key bit of functionality for me, as it's the only way for me to have integrated access to my keychain on my work computer, which is a linux box. Without it, I face a laborious process of hand-typing the passwords that I reveal on my phone.

I was just in the middle of trying to sell my family on 1password. The timing is unfortunate!

• Mike King
    Mike King
    Community Member
    Options

@cvanes‌ - Thank you!

It's also probably a good idea to make a backup of the original 1Password.html file before making any changes, just in case.

• light_pedals
    light_pedals
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi everyone,

Like was said above, we have been in contact with Dropbox to try and get this fixed.

Dropbox has told us that they are currently testing a fix, and we hope it will be available soon. Very sorry for any inconvenience this is causing!

• georgberg
    georgberg
    Community Member
    Options

I hope to get the fix soon

• bickb8
    bickb8
    Community Member
    Options

Hoping for an official fix soon.

• Meek
    Options

Hi everyone!

Good news - 1PasswordAnywhere should be working properly now!

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/24341/1passwordanywhere#latest

Thank you for your patience - let us know if you run into any more trouble!

This discussion has been closed.