Questions about 1Password 4.5.1

Options
Rei Vilo
Rei Vilo
Community Member
edited May 2014 in iOS

I'm very disappointed by the latest 4.5.1 release of 1Password for iOS.

• 1Password switched from DropBox to iCloud without noticing me.
  • DropBox synchronisation no longer works.
  • Reveal the password has an erratic behaviour and hides the password very fast.

AgileBits has done a great job with 1Password but bells and whistles shouldn't come at the expense of the core features.

Security is a serious business, and 1Password should keep it that way.

Sometimes, more is worse.

I expect a quick fix for the aforementioned glitches. Thank you.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rei,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password lately! I'll do my best to get these issues addressed just as soon as possible.

1Password switched from DropBox to iCloud without noticing me.

Could you please provide a bit more information on this? It is true that 1Password will detect your data in iCloud or Dropbox to make selecting your sync solution easier, however sync will not be set up (or switched) without your ok.

In 1Password 4.5, you do need to choose between iCloud or Dropbox sync, as the dual sync option is no longer available. Is this what you are noticing?

DropBox synchronisation no longer works.

Dropbox sync did need to be set up again on migration to 4.5. Please follow the instructions here. If you run into any snags in the process, please let me know where things are getting tangled up, and we'll work from there. :)

Reveal the password has an erratic behaviour and hides the password very fast.

I'm sorry to hear about this - I'll pass your thoughts along to our developers to see if we can't improve things for you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions - we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.