Inexperienced and new and totally stuck!

Options
jwrhold
jwrhold
Community Member

Hi,

Just bought this app on recommendation, but I am really struggling. I've used all the resources available to me but cannot find an answer that I can make sense of.

I run an ecommerce site, and to log in, I need the following in this order:

STORE ID: 12345
Username: me@myemail.com
Password: wouldn'tyouliketoknow

I cannot for the life of me get this set up.

Any plain English assistance gratefully received!

Thanks

Comments

• MrRooni
    Options

Hello @jwrhold, and thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm fairly certain that I'll be able to help get you set up. Just to clarify, would you like instructions for 1Password for Mac or for iOS?

• jwrhold
    jwrhold
    Community Member
    Options

Hi and thanks for responding!

I am using iPad and iPhone so that's the iOS side of things.

I also use a PC running Windows 7 but let's leave that for now.. One step at a time!

• jwrhold
    jwrhold
    Community Member
    Options

I have to be honest, I am rapidly going off this app, and I haven't really got started yet. Each time I enter a new log in, it freezes, the app appears to crash, and can only be coaxed back into life by coming out of the app opening another app, and then restarting 1 password.

It is also lacking on clear instruction on how to do basic things. Am I alone on this?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jwrhold,

I'm so sorry that 1Password has been confusing for you! It sounds like we may need to start fresh here. To start fresh, please try:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html

(Please note that deleting the 1Password data in Documents and Data is removing only the sync data from the device, and has no effect on the 1Password data stored in iCloud.)

• Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I'm a new user" and start setting things up.

Please take a look at our New User Guide on how to get things set up. There are other sections in the guide to help you save Logins and get used to the other features of 1Password 4 for iOS.

If you have any questions, please let me know - I'd be happy to walk you through the process!

This discussion has been closed.