1Password (version 3) on Mac forgot passwords, browser extension is fine [moved to email]

cmulcahy
cmulcahy
Community Member
edited May 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have a couple computers with 1Password for Mac. They seem to have lost my database file. I had them synch'ed using Dropbox but they're entirely gone. I cannot find the file any longer on any computer.

My 1Password browser extensions have all of the passwords however.

Can I get my passwords out of the browser extensions so I can use them in the full client again?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @cmulcahy‌,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Lets figure out whats going on.

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from each computer?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Reports in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Reports in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• cmulcahy
    cmulcahy
    Community Member

Sent! Thanks for the reply.

To be clear, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with 1Password. Well, except I think DropBox ate my database. The browsers seem to still have all of my login information still. I want to recreate my database and am hoping I can get it out of the browser.

Regards

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cmulcahy,

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

This discussion has been closed.