iCloud sync errors 'Not Authentic'

Options
farblue
farblue
Community Member

My iCloud syncing has started going 'odd'. 1Password mini is taking 120% cpu time and is dumping thousands of errors to the console such as

"06/05/2014 11:42:55.849 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper[1486]: 440002 [CLOUDKEYCHAIN:0x7feb33e27a40:] W setDictionary:withProfile: | Item 0246E12B05BD444A9609B248910A3AB3 not authentic
"

Every second or so the 1Password interface flickers and a 'redraw' is logged in the 1Password log. This seems to be something that's started happening over the weekend. I've tried turning off sync and turning it back on again and I've also deleted all of the keychain items (after a backup!) and started syncing. When I do this all the items come back so the data is obviously there but then the sync error cycle starts again.

Leaving the sync for over an hour has made no difference.

I also had the same issue on my iPhone but deleting the vault and restarting syncing seems to have fixed things there.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @farblue‌

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password. I'd like to take a closer look at your system to see if we can figure out what's going on here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• farblue
    farblue
    Community Member
    Options

Hello :)

Well, having left 1Password trying to sync while I waited for a reply in the forum things started breaking on my Mac - System Preferences crashed on opening, ESet NOD32 (required for work) started popping up an error about a missing socket file connection and apps started freezing so I ended up having to restart.

After restarting, icloud 1password sync was just broken - it said it was syncing but it didn't go into the loop - but it also didn't sync. I had 321 items on my phone and home computer and 470 on my work machine (I'd tidied up a few over the weekend). I tried all sorts of things including stopping sync'ing, deleting all my items in 1Password on my work machine and then restarting the sync from my iPhone - except that resulted in only new entries sync'ing - the 321 items on my phone never turned up on my work machine but test items I created turned up on both.

I then I tried stopping sync'ing, quitting 1Password and 1Password Mini, deleting the icloud data files on my work computer (in Library/Mobile Files/), deleting the data folder in Library/Application Support/1Password, deleting the 1Password mini cache and then restarting sync on my iPhone. This re-created the Mobile files folders etc. but when I restarted 1Password and said 'I've used 1Password before' it was unable to see my data from iCloud (like the iPhone version of 1Password doesn't create the sync files correctly or something).

Eventually I resorted to downloading the backblaze backup of the Mobile Files folder for 1Password from my home computer and copying it into place. Then 1Password finally noticed the iCloud data and now seems to be sync'ing correctly. However, I've no idea what state this will have left my home laptop in because all of this mucking about has been done while it was asleep at home...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @farblue,

I'm so sorry to hear about all the troubles you've been having here! I hope that your home laptop is also syncing correctly, but if you're still having trouble there, please let us know and we'll investigate further.

This discussion has been closed.