How do I reinstall 1Password for Mac

Options
TecomaBoy
TecomaBoy
Community Member

Recently had to recover my User files from a Time Machine backup but now I don't have 1Password in my Applications folder. Do I restore it from my original Receipt Notification? Will I login and have all my password information?

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi @TecomaBoy‌,

Did you purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store? If so, then you can re-download it from the purchased section of the Mac App Store.

If you purchased it from our webstore, then you can download it from: https://agilebits.com/downloads

Give that a try and see if it finds your data. If not, let us know and we'll dig in deeper to find out what is going on.

• TecomaBoy
    TecomaBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Administrator, I purchased 1Password 4 for Mac directly from Agile (just before it went on the App Store) on 10/10/13. I received a receipt acknowledging my purchase with a Licence File link and a Download link. I've downloaded numerous times but cannot get 1Password to open (I get two error windows stating 1Password failed to connect to 1Password Mini. Quit and try again). Numerous attempts have failed to get it working. A check confirmed the 1Password data files are there. Any assistance would be appreciated as I fully committed to 1Password and now have no access to my secure logins.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @TecomaBoy‌,

So we can investigate further, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• TecomaBoy
    TecomaBoy
    Community Member
    Options

I have just emailed the report. I noted in that email that I remember removing what I think might have been the 1Password Mini icon at the top right hand of the Menu bar - this may be why it is not connecting. I await your advice.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TecomaBoy‌

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

This discussion has been closed.