iCloud Sync just stopped

Options
dkabat
dkabat
Community Member

Have been successfully syncing into iCloud since installed a week ago. This morning I get Problem Detected Box with two options either ignore or fix. Tried both, neither option appeared to do anything. Went to iCloud and other data items are syncing. Using OSX Mav. Syncing preferences just give 3 portions so I do not know what to fix to get it to work.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dkabat,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting 1Password synced up right now. If you are seeing 3 options to sync in Sync Preferences, it sounds to me like sync got disconnected. Please select iCloud sync and see if that gets things behaving properly!

• dkabat
    dkabat
    Community Member
    Options

I did select iCloud, clicked Start Syncing the same error keeps reoccurring Problem Detected Update Preferences either fix or ignore (fix option works). :)]

• dkabat
    dkabat
    Community Member
    Options

Just read another post and tried rebooting. Now it works.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dkabat‌

I'm glad to hear you managed to get this all sorted out - thanks for letting me know! If you run into any further snags, we're here for you. :)

• tranquilo
    tranquilo
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue where syncing will suddenly disconnect with the same error notification described here. I can go into settings and click on iCloud to reconnect syncing; however, unfortunately, this then sends it into an endless sync loop where it continuously syncs 2-3 time a second...forever. It does appear to actually be syncing (far as I can tell) BUT it uses around 20% CPU and a drain on the wifi network as it speeds along endlessly syncing. Rebooting, deleting/reinstalling do not fix the issue. I did manage at one point to get it to stop by using AppDelete to remove EVERY trace of 1password then reinstall and re-setup, but that only lasted a day before the error popped up again and the loop commenced. Help? :(

Thanks,
    -Rich

• tranquilo
    tranquilo
    Community Member
    Options

Odd...just tried something: quit 1Password/Mini and deleted the data folder in Application Support, restarted 1Password, it says it's found data in iCloud and to log in (1P) to start syncing after which it redownloads the data and syncing seems to return to normal. Is the local database becoming corrupt somehow?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tranquilo‌

I'm glad to hear that you managed to get things sorted out. Without taking a closer look at your system, it's hard to say just what was happening here.

Please keep an eye on this, and if you notice any other anomalies, we'll investigate further! :)

This discussion has been closed.