After update to 4.3 MAS 1P forgets its settings after every launch

Options
royalflush82
royalflush82
Community Member

Hi there,

after updating to 4.3 over the MAS i have a big problem.

i disabled iCloud sync (next to dropbox sync -both were running) on my devices (Ipad and iphone) and wanted to go with only dropbox sync in the future.

after launching the Mac app i recognized everything like it was (keychain file in my dropbox) after a few mins i closed the mac app and opened it again a lil later. The „getting started“ screen appeard like i installed it the first time. after i went trough the quick setup again it was showing my current key chain. i check the sync option and it wasn’t connected to any service. i searched manually of my dropbox key chain and after choosing it i couldn’t go on. when i click select nothin happens.

i tried several things. ran all repair options from the trouble shooting app from your homepage. reinstalled it. went back to an older version over time machine. delete the app plus all related hidden files etc.

—> but whatever i do or did after EVERY new launch of the app the „getting started“ dialogue comes up and it lost all settings. Reboot the mac also didn’t work.

Thx in advance

Alex

Comments

• yoav_weiss
    yoav_weiss
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing the exact same issue

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

I have experienced this in the past and it was "solved" by restarting the machine after setting the prefs. I think it was discussed in the forum back then. Could be something different this time.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi guys,

There's an issue with Mavericks where application preferences sometimes aren't cached correctly.

Could you please give this a try:

• Open the main 1Password application.
    • In the menu bar, click 1Password, then hold the Control key, and click Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart your Mac.

Please let me know if that helps! :)

• yoav_weiss
    yoav_weiss
    Community Member
    Options

Still seeing welcome screen and settings aren't persistent :/

• pmueller99
    pmueller99
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Using Mavericks. After restart he lost all settings incl. the sync folder for Dropbox

• royalflush82
    royalflush82
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

thx! it worked with the workaround. At least for the settings. But now it still loosing its dropbox connection. I still can't choose the file. I need to close the app and delete the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper file. After another launch it recognizing the dropbox file again and for the time the app runs it syncs with dropbox. After closing the app and relaunching it again the current database comes up but it is not connected to dropbox anymore. The settings will stay present tho. Even if i recognized I'm still missing a settings data in the ~/Library/Preferences folder?!

• royalflush82
    royalflush82
    Community Member
    Options

Update:
    I found a work around which sounds weird but fixed all my problem:

• rolled back to 4.1.2 over Time machine with deleting all settings and data stored in the configs
    • Updated Mavericks to 1.9.3 Developer Seed
    • Updated my Dropbox from 2.7.52 to 2.7.53
    • Opened 1P 4.1.2. Fresh setup. Closed it with control key and quit.
    • restart the mac
    • Updated to 4.3 over the MAS
      --> now the settings will be saved plus also the link to dropbox.

Won't change any settings in the future tho ;-)

• Meek
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @royalflush82‌,

I'm glad to hear you were able to get thinks working - thanks for letting us know!

@yoav_weiss‌, @pmueller99‌,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this trouble! It sounds to me like there is a file permissions issue - lets give the following process a try:

1. Make a backup of your data on the Mac, by opening 1Password and clicking File > Backup > Backup Now.
    2. Repair file permissions in Disk Utility (in /Applications/Utilities).
    3. Reinstall 1Password by quitting 1Password, dragging it from the Applications folder to the Trash, and downloading it again either from the Mac App Store or our webstore (https://agilebits.com/downloads), depending on where you purchased it from.
    4. Reboot your computer.

Let us know if that works for you. If not, please let us know at what step the trouble began, and we'll continue from there.

• pmueller99
    pmueller99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Meek,

thanks for the hint. It's fine for me now.

br

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pmueller99‌

On behalf of @Meek, thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! We're here for you if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.