Extra characters when typing a password for a Login item

Options
jimt099
jimt099
Community Member

I tried to create a "Login" with 1Password Android version 4.0.0b16 (Build 20140429) on a Samsung Note 3. Extra characters are echoing in the text field. I typed "j", the field now says "j". I type "e", the field now says "jje", but it should say "je". I clicked backspace key, the field says "jjej". As I type in more characters some of them echo in the text field. Backspace causes extra characters to be inserted, as many as three at a time. Also, it looks like the field is trying to use a spell checker by offering me selections as I type. That seems like a bad idea for a password field.

Comments

• mverde
    Options

Hi @jimt099,

Something seems to be off here! We definitely don't want characters echoing in the password input and we have no intention of spell checking your passwords. That seems like a bad idea to us too.

There are a few things that could have gone wrong here that might explain what you are seeing. I'll start with the quickest fixes to check and move on to the more time consuming ones.

1. If you are using a custom keyboard, it may be that the keyboard and the 1Password beta aren't playing nicely with each other. If so, could you tell me which keyboard you are using along with its version number?
    2. Your device might be in a funny state for one reason or another. Could you try rebooting the device and then checking 1Password to see if the behaviour continues?
    3. In rare cases, apps can get corrupted during the installation process. Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the beta?

Please let me know if any of these steps help resolve the issue for you.

This discussion has been closed.