Date error did not indicate which field caused the error in Membership item

Options
jimt099
jimt099
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Android

Filling out a 'Membership' item with 1Password Android version 4.0.0b16 (Build 20140429). I entered a date "2013" in 'Member Since' field, then "2015-05-31" in 'Expiry Date'. Saved. Got error that date was invalid, but it did not tell me which one and it did not mark the field in any way, so I was not sure which date was invalid. Then when I went back to edit, a calendar came up with scroll wheel at "1900", so I had to scroll all the way to "2013". I think it would be better to set the scroll wheel at the current year as the default, because in most cases the user will enter a year close to the current year. Also, I think just a year or a year-month should be acceptable in a date field.

Comments

• mverde
    Options

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It looks like we are trying to do some data processing on the date entry but aren't correctly detecting that "2013" represents only the year. When the date detection fails, it appears that it defaults to a Jan 1 1900 (which doesn't make much sense). I will pass this information on to our development team so that they can look into it.

Until the issue is fixed, you can avoid this issue by always using the date picker (the calendar with the scroll wheel) to select your dates. If you use the date picker without first entering text, it should default to today's date each time. I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.