Trying to reinstall 1Password

Options
mcappelli63
mcappelli63
Community Member

I searched the knowledge base but did not see this particular problem addressed. I have two computers (a macbook air and an IMAC). Sometime ago, I bought and downloaded 1Password on my MBAir, created a master password, but never used it. Recently, I downloaded 1Password onto my IMAC and created a different password and use it all the time. I just started using my MBAir more often and decided I wanted to have 1Password syncing through both computers. Unfortunately, the original software on the MBAir is asking for the old password that I no longer remember. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password several times but when I open up the application, it still asks for the old password. I hope this is clear. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks.

Michael

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Michael ( @mcappelli63 ),

That's all clear - thanks!

If you don't have any 1Password data on your MacBook Air to try recovering, the best option is to start over there.

If you've already configured Dropbox sync or iCloud sync with 1Password on your iMac, and its 1Password data has been synced to your MacBook Air through Dropbox or iCloud, then 1Password can detect, use, and sync with that data during setup after you've started over there.

Please let me know if you'd like more help with any of this and we'll get it sorted out for you. :)

• mcappelli63
    mcappelli63
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks oversoul, I actually figured it out on my own after doing a little research. Thanks for your help!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's awesome, @mcappelli63!

If you do you get stuck on something we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.