Sync Problems; off by 1 item [moved to email]

Options
krgraham
krgraham
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I'm running v4.5.1 on iOS (iPhone & iPad) and v4.4 (440002) Agile Web Store under OS X 10.9.2.

After the latest iOS update I had to re-activate my Dropbox Sync and now both iOS devices show the same 796 items. But 1PW on OS X shows only 795 items. The discrepancy appears in Logins -- 616 vs 617 but there are too many to figure out which one is missing. I did check newest item and they match.

I've refreshed sync on all devices but the 1 item discrepancy remains.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @krgraham‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. Let's reset sync to see if that gets everything matched up.

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

• krgraham
    krgraham
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I did all that and discrepancy continues to be 1 item OFF! Mac has 617 logins; iOS had 618 Logins.

• krgraham
    krgraham
    Community Member
    Options

Both iOS app show identical counts. Mac is off by 1 immediately after ALL devices have just completed sync.

• Meek
    Options

Hi @krgraham‌,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Lets figure out whats going on.

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• krgraham
    krgraham
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic report sent at 7:35PM EDT on Wed, May 7

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've received your report, @krgraham -- thanks for sending that in! Our team will follow up with you directly in email to help resolve this problem with the item count mismatch. I'll close this topic now so we're not getting wires crossed between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.