Duplicate attachments on iOS

Options
Toonetown
Toonetown
Community Member

I'm getting duplicate attachments for some items on iOS - but there is only a single attachment when I open the same item on my Mac. It seems that the duplicates happen when syncing with iCloud, for items where I have updated the attachments.

Is this a known issue?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Is one of your attachments the old one and the other the revised one? I ask because if I delete an attachment on my Mac, it does not get deleted from iOS. I wonder if your removal of an older version leave it on your iDevices. Then when you add a new version to the Mac, it gets treated lie a new attachment and gets synced over to iOS to join the version that never left.

• Toonetown
    Toonetown
    Community Member
    Options

Yes - I believe that is what is happening...the attachment is not getting deleted.

• MrRooni
    Options

@Toonetown‌ Can you confirm that you are running 1Password 4.5.1 for iOS and 1Password 4.4 for Mac? We made some changes in these releases regarding how conflicting items are handled, which sounds like what you may be running into.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

@MrRooni - You didn't ask me, but I am using 1Password 4.5.1 fir iOS and version 4.4 from the AgileBits web store. After I read your question, I added an attachment to a record that once had one that was deleted, yet still remains on my iOS devices. I confirmed that it synced correctly from the Mac to iOS via Dropbox. Then I deleted the new attachment. It did not disappear from the iOS version, which now has two attachments than are no longer on the Mac.

This is a reproducible problem. And, the only way around this is to duplicate the record on the Mac that has no attachments, then delete the older version that has attachments that continue to exist in the iOS versions.

It would be helpful in cleaning up if there were a way to delete attachments in the iOS version.

• MrRooni
    Options

Thanks so much for the confirmation, @hawkmoth‌. I've got this one open in our bug database and we will be taking a look at it for a future update.

As an aside, I have to say that you are KILLING it in the forums here! You've been extremely helpful and we greatly appreciate it!

• Toonetown
    Toonetown
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry it's been a while since I logged in here...

Yes - I am actually using the Mac App store version 4.4 on OS X and version 4.5.1 for iOS

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks for the additional info, @Toonetown. :)

Like mentioned above, we've got an open issue for this in our tracker and the developers will be taking a look at it for a future update.

This discussion has been closed.