Web sites that have multiple screen logins

Options
EdT3
EdT3
Community Member

This is mostly related, at least for me, to financial institutions. The first screen is the login (username) screen, then there may (or may not) be a user verification question screen which asks one of a few preselected questions to which I have (usually long long ago) filled in some forgotten answer, and finally a password screen. Is there some way that 1Password could at least auto-fill the login and password screen? The user question screen I think is my problem/fault.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @EdT3,

Multiple page logins are a bit tricky. In particular, they all seem to be just a bit different, and we aren't able to do much to test a particular site unless we have a proper account, as we can't get past the first screen with 'test' information.

Generally, multiple page logins might require multiple entries in 1Password. Please see our help article: How to create multi-page Logins. However, in some cases, it is possible to use a single Login to fill in a multi-page form. You can read about how to in this forum article: 1Password and Bank of America. Although the steps are specific for Bank of America, a lot of users have found they work well for other two-page logins as well.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• EdT3
    EdT3
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, the description in the article is exactly how the web sites in my question are set up. I think that the answer supplied will work fine.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @EdT3, on @Megan's behalf. Thanks for letting us know her suggestion is workable for you. :)

If anything else comes up we're here to help.

This discussion has been closed.