iOS Version 4.5.1 Changes Question

Options
Rob 1234
Rob 1234
Community Member

I know there were a few issues created by the 4.5 version, but they actually helped me in a way. Just over a month ago, I had some sync problems. My desktop was missing items, but they did exist on my iOS versions. At that time, your advice was to delete the iOS data and see if that fixed things. That really did not sound like a good idea to me - to delete the good source - so I did not do that. Instead, I searched for the missing logins, then updated the note on the iOS version. The desktop saw the updates, and they were in sync again. A couple of weeks later, I noticed some Generated Passwords were missing on my desktop. That is where I keep my security question answers (I really wish you had a better way to keep security question answers. You told me once something was coming, and I am still waiting!). I did not want to have to through that find the missing entries work again.

Anyway, with the "feature" in iOS 4.5 that updated everything in Dropbox with the data it thought was current, it looks like all my sync problems were fixed. I realize this caused a lot of problems for some people, but it was quite fortunate for me.

I have been a little hesitant to install the iOS 4.5.1 version, until I am sure everything there is good as usual. So my questions are now that I seem to be happy with my sync data, will it stay as is when I go to 4.5.1? Also, is there a more detailed list of changes for 4.5.1 besides what I see at the app store?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rob,

Thanks so much for providing the feedback here! I'm sorry that sync has been a little bit of an adventure for you lately, but I'm glad that version 4.5 got things cleared up. Updating to 4.5.1 shouldn't have any effect on your nicely working syncing.

The release notes in the App Store are the most detailed version that we have available. I can let our developers know that you'd be keen on some more detailed notes in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.