Bank Accounts, et al – sync problems!

Options
jimthing
jimthing
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I have Mac & iPhone versions. Under "Bank Accounts" section, Dropbox &/or iCloud - sync fails to work correctly!

I added one bank account in this section to test it, but it just refuses to sync correctly.

When I do something on one it does not sync the SECTION NAMES properly as I added, and refuses to list them in the ORDER I choose.

eg 1: order issues & missing section names.

Mac (a few of the many fields I have entered):

• Section name: Main
  • Account #
  • Sort code
  • BIC / SWIFT
  • IBAN

iPhone:

• Section name: {no section name shows!}
  • Account #
  • IBAN
  • Sort code
  • BIC / SWIFT

eg 2: sections misnamed and duplicated.
You CANNOT REORDER sections, only fields (why?!). So I instead manually copy/pasted them around on my Mac. Yet when I check the other device: I get TWO repeat sections named the same! Time and time again: edit on one, edit is different on the other. And around we go, getting very pissed-off in the process!

eg 3: default fields reappearing.
I use my own field names, as the default fields 1P use do not suit my needs. So I deleted the default fields 1P gave me to start with on device one, and used my own. Yet when I go to device two, I try to edit the screw-ups in the examples above, yet the fields 1P gave me appear on the edit page again!

eg 4: sections &/or field names not appearing correctly.
Device one: name a section "Online / App"; device two shows "Branch Information". Device one: name a field "BIC / SWIFT"; device two shows just "SWIFT". Deleted those fields and re-entered them again as new fields: same issues... ?!

I deleted syncing on the iPhone, and resynced — STILL screwed-up.

This is driving me nuts, and is such a pain the backside to check data is correct across all devices – who on earth designs/tests these things, as they're just appalling!

**When I change/reorder something, is should be EXACTLY the same on the other devices. **

Also, I notice there is no FOLDERS heading on the column view on Mac version: who dreamt that idea up, as how are users supposed to be able to see orphaned login entries...? I deal with my own and an elderly relatives stuff, hence I have to use multiple folders to keep login info's separate, yet this also makes the whole process a pain to deal with.

This makes me doubt the whole 1P app ecosystem to be honest, hours of mucking about wasting my time on an app that should be a SIMPLE thing to use, as it does something that I shouldn't have to think about and deal with when I have proper work to get on with.

I'm thinking of using something web-based instead. If we cannot TRUST the sync has worked, then how on earth can we trust our important data in it – BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

Comments

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    Options

...Even the markdown in these forums doesn't work properly – I asterisked those bullet points: failed to parse!

eg 1: order issues & missing section names.

• Mac I entered (a few of the many fields I have entered):
      (section name) "Main" | (1st field) Account # | (2nd field) Sort code | (3rd field) BIC / SWIFT | (4th field) IBAN

• iPhone then shows:
      (section name) {NO section name appears!} | (1st field) Account # | (2nd field) IBAN | (3rd field) Sort code | (4th field) BIC / SWIFT

And exactly the same happens when I enter on the iPhone; the Mac then shows the fields in the wrong order.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @jimthing,

I would like to apologize for the trouble you've been having with 1Password lately! I am a big fan of having things organized my way, so I can see how this would be frustrating for you. Let's see if we can't get this sorted out.

When I do something on one it does not sync the SECTION NAMES properly as I added, and refuses to list them in the ORDER I choose.

This is a known issue that our developers are already working to solve. I've added the details from your post to the issue in our tracker to help them track this bug down. Currently changes to the name or order of default fields do not sync correctly, so any changes made here will revert. I am sorry for the trouble here - we'll do what we can to get this working properly for you soon!

In the meantime, if you would like to use custom names for your fields, please use the blank sections below the default data.

You CANNOT REORDER sections, only fields

This is listed as a feature request in our issue tracker, and I've added a vote there for you. :)

So I instead manually copy/pasted them around on my Mac. Yet when I check the other device: I get TWO repeat sections named the same! Time and time again: edit on one, edit is different on the other.

Could you please check to see what version of 1Password you are currently using? This was a bug in an earlier version of 1Password 4, but our developers managed to squash it, and I'm unable to reproduce it in 4.4 (the most recent version.) Please ensure that you are updated to the latest and greatest version of 1Password. If you are still seeing duplicated sections after updating, do let me know and we'll investigate further!

Also, I notice there is no FOLDERS heading on the column view on Mac version:

This is a popular feature request, and I'm happy to add your vote. :)

I'm sorry that I don't have a perfect answer for you here, but we are working to address these issues that you mention, and we'll try to have 1Password behaving better for you just as soon as possible. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask!

This discussion has been closed.