Multiple Keychains on Dropbox on purpose

Options
HunterBoss
HunterBoss
Community Member

I did look to see if this topic has already been covered, to no avail.

However, my wife and I share one Dropbox account.
It looks like you can specify the location for where the keychain is stored. Also, from reading other posts, it looked like some users had accidentally set up multiple 1Password keychains.

I want to do this on purpose. One for me and and a different location for my wife. Will this work?

Thanks

Christopher

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HunterBoss,

Now that 1Password 4 for iOS supports multiple vaults, it is fine to keep multiple keychains in Dropbox. The (potentially) tricky part can be the default name of your primary vaults. Currently your primary vault should be titled 1Password.agilekeychain. (And 1Password on iOS can get a bit out of sorts if you change it, so it's best to leave that be for now.) If there will be a 1Password.agilekeychain for yourself and another for your wife, you want to be sure that you store each of these in an appropriately named subfolder, and exercise a little bit of extra caution when setting up sync between all your devices - you don't want to use the wrong 1Password.agilekeychain and merge your two databases.

I hope this helps to explain things, but if you'd like some more detailed instructions, I'd be happy to help. Simply tell me a bit more about your 1Password ecosystem (version numbers, operating systems, numbers of devices and all that technical stuff) and we'll go from there!

This discussion has been closed.