Website With Site - security image

Options
LT1
LT1
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I can’t get 1Password to work with a website that uses a security image that identifies my computer. Are there instructions for this situation?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LT1,

Can you describe more about how 1Password isn't working how you want it to with that site? A specific URL for it would be useful. Is 1Password able to fill any fields there?

One thing that might help is changing the submit setting to Never submit (in edit mode) for any items you use that require a security image. For example:

1Password can fill fields first, then you can manually enter any additional information and submit afterwards.

• LT1
    LT1
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    Thanks for offering help. The website is Bank of America, Which uses a security image, or as they call it a Sitekey.
    LT1

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I'm wondering exactly how you are trying to login. I have a Bank of America account and don't have an issue.

First 1PW fills in my username. It does not submit that automatically, though I would like it to do so, and have set it to autosubmit. Then, when I have submitted, I get the page with the Sitekey and a second use of 1PW fills in my password.

I believe that worked because 1PW accepted both username and password in an earlier version of the BofA site. But you could always save two items, one for username and the other for password if necessary.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LT1,

Turns out Bank of America is a bit of a tricky site for a lot of users. In fact, we've got some detailed instructions on just how to create a Login for Bank of America that should walk you through the entire process.

Please let me know if you run into any snags in the process, and we'll get it sorted. :)

This discussion has been closed.