How to use 1Password for business with multiple people?

Options
sciascia
sciascia
Community Member

Hi There,

We have a bunch of important web server passwords we're trying to keep secure amongst 3 people.

We have Dropbox for business to share a 1Password file but how do we set things up so that we can have two 1Password files: one for business and one for personal - and switch between them?

The people involved are trusted staff (they have access to root users on various web servers) so there's no issue if the same password is used for the business file which gets shared.

Trying to keep our passwords in-sync is impossible and inevitably leads to insecure practices like emailing them to each other.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ben ( @sciascia‌ )

I'd be happy to help you get your passwords organized here. If you'd like to separate the personal from the business, here's probably the easiest way to do this:

• Each user sets up their primary vault in 1Password with their own Master Password and stores their personal information here. This vault can be synced to iCloud, Dropbox or via Wi-Fi.
    • A secondary vault is created to store the business' passwords. We have steps on how to share a non-primary vault that should guide you through this process.

I hope this helps, but if you already have a different set-up in place and would like some more detailed instructions on how to change things up, please let me know a few more details about your 1Password ecosystem, and I'd be happy to walk you through!

• sciascia
    sciascia
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, will checkout that guide.

Cheers

Ben

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sciascia‌

I hope it gets you all sorted out, but we're here if you have any questions :)

This discussion has been closed.