Is there a way to use Box.com instead of DropBox [Folder sync for desktops, mobile not supported]

Options
Krit60
Krit60
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

It would be nice if other cloud services would be supported (I am using Box.com f.i.)
Is there any way to use Box, on Windows, iOS, OS X and Android? I am now obligated to install DropBox on all my devices as well, just for 1Password

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Dropbox and iCloud are the only remote sync services that are supported for now. There have been many requests to enlarge this list, and I wouldn't be surprised to see AgileBits add some in the future. But I have no idea when.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Krit60,

At the moment, only Dropbox is supported for your platforms listed for a true two-way sync. We are looking into expanding to other sync services that can work with 1Password's list of requirements.

If you were only using Mac and Windows, you can use the Folder Sync to store your data file in the Box folder and that'll sync to both platforms. In fact, almost any sync service should work with the Folder Sync.

We're working on 1Password 4 for Windows and 1Password 4 for Android apps right now. The Windows app includes support for the Wi-Fi sync, which means that you could sync your data via Folder Sync and use the Wi-Fi sync to sync between your desktops and your iOS devices. At the moment, we don't have information on the Android app just yet, we'll release it as soon as we have them.

This discussion has been closed.