Has the quick unlock code been removed? [replaced by PIN code]

Options
tommy
tommy
Community Member
edited May 2014 in iOS

Had to log on with full code each time.

(Incidentally Watchtower said this sight may have been compromised. Changed the password)

Comments

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, is this the same as PIN code in the security settings?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @tommy,

I apologize for the trouble here. In the latest update, we've made some changes to the PIN code (what used to be called the Quick Unlock Code.) Because these changes involve the option to store your Master Password in the iOS keychain, then PIN was disabled by default and would have to be enabled by the user.

I hope this gets things all sorted out for you, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• GeniusRedacted
    GeniusRedacted
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan - so this this mean I can use the PIN code feature WITHOUT releasing my master password to either the iOS keychain or iCloud keychain?

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @GeniusRedacted,

If you toggle the Use iOS keychain option in Settings > Advanced to off, the Master Password will not be stored in the iOS keychain and the PIN code will function exactly like the Quick Unlock Code did in version 4.3.2.

It's also important to note that your Master Password is never stored in iCloud Keychain, only in the local iOS keychain. The obfuscated Master Password never leaves your device, even if you have iCloud keychain syncing on.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• GeniusRedacted
    GeniusRedacted
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.