iPhone doesn't sync without wifi

Options
andersennl
andersennl
Community Member

Hi, I'm using the Mac OS version of 1Password as well as the iOS version. When I add logins on my mac and try to sync these with my iPhone it only works when the iPhone is in wifi range. When I'm not in wifi range, the 'sync' button doesn't seem to work at all, as nothing happens. I'm using the iCloud sync. Am I the only one with this problem? Am I doning something wrong? Thanks!

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Have you checked Settings --> Cellular to be sure the option for using Cellular Data is turned on?

• andersennl
    andersennl
    Community Member
    Options

You mean in the iPhone settings? Yes I receives mobile data.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

That was indeed what I meant. I thought later that I might not have been clear.

It was just an idea I had. Sorry it wasn't the issue.

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @andersennl,

That's quite strange. It shouldn't matter whether you are using Wi-Fi or a cellular connection.

Just to be clear, when you go to the Settings app and tap on Cellular, 1Password is specifically enabled? Like this:

• andersennl
    andersennl
    Community Member
    Options

No no, you have been clear :) Nothing to be sorry about. Thanks for the idea.

Yes the cellular data setting is activated. It's a little weird because two seconds ago I checked if it syncs, and it did. It wasn't the first time it didn't sync yesterday, though. It already happened some times before yesterday so I decided to ask here.

Should there be some kind of activity indicator showing up while the sync is in happening?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

There is already an activity monitor buried in the settings, but syncing is so fast with iCloud, in my experience, that you have to be really quick to catch it in action. If you open Settings in 1Password, the yellow-orange square with the arrows in it will monitor syncing while it's happening. Those arrows spin. Once syncing is finished, they stop. Then if you tap on the Sync option, you will come to a screen that shows how long it has been since the last sync, on the second to last line, above the item count for you database.

In earlier versions, the gear that you use to open Settings would spin while syncing was taking place. That feature disappeared with version 4.5, but there have been enough requests for its return that I wouldn't be too surprised to see it come back. (I have no inside information whatever about AgileBits's plans for the future.)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andersennl‌

The forums are here to answer questions just like yours - no worries!

There was a sync indicator in earlier versions of 1Password, and it was removed in the re-design. We've heard from a lot of users who miss this, so we're looking into how to add it back. Currently, the sync information is shown in the 'Last Sync' field. It will tell you the time since the last sync - if a sync is currently happening, it will say 'in progress'.

I'm glad to hear that it sounds like it is syncing for now, but if you notice any other anomalies, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.