Click on 1Password Icon Opens New Tab "Failed to Open Page"

Options
RonboSandanista
RonboSandanista
Community Member

I was trying to use 1Password extension v 4.1.0 in Mavericks with Safari 7.0.3, like I have hundreds of times, to fill a password, this one my bank. It opens a tab which says "Failed to open page), and a Choose Application/Search App Store window which says "There is no application set to open the URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari. Search the App Store for an application that can open this document, or choose an existing application on your computer." I then choose an existing document, but I am sometimes unable to correlate the login with the site. Anyway, why should I have to open the App anyway, as I have never had to do that before.

I have spent some time restoring my MacBook Pro from a major hardware failure (loss of main logic board and flash storage) and this is a bug that I must clear up.

Comments

• RonboSandanista
    RonboSandanista
    Community Member
    Options

...so I paid the full price. I have 1PW v3 on my other Mac. I got a new one to carry with me, and wanted to access my passwords. So I bought 1PW v 4 at full price, not knowing there is an upgrade. Now I want to synch my passwords, so what do I do?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RonboSandanista,

Our records show that you did purchase a 1Password 4 for Mac license upgrade last August. Have you made an additional full price 1Password for Mac license purchase under a different account than your upgrade purchase?

To confirm: do you currently have two Macs, an older one running 1Password 3 and a new one running 1Password 4, that you want to sync your 1Password data with? Will you be upgrading to 1Password 4 on that older Mac, is that where all your 1Password data is right now, and is it doing any syncing with any other systems/devices?

Thanks in advance for answers to those questions so we can better assist you with getting everything configured and syncing correctly. These guides have instructions for setting up Dropbox syncing:

Dropbox syncing: 1Password 3

Dropbox syncing: 1Password 4

We're help to help you with whatever you'll need for your specific situation. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RonboSandanista‌

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your MacBook Pro lately. Please check in your /Applications folder to confirm that you have indeed reinstalled the 1Password program after restoring your hard-drive. While you don't need to open the main app to fill Logins, it does need to be installed to do all the hard work behind the scenes.

If you haven't downloaded 1Password, you can find the webstore version on our downloads page, or re-download the App Store version by opening the App Store and selecting 'Purchases.'

I hope this helps, but please let me know if 1Password is installed and you're still having trouble - we'll get you sorted out!

• RonboSandanista
    RonboSandanista
    Community Member
    Options

I have version 3.8.21, should I assume that is the problem?

• RonboSandanista
    RonboSandanista
    Community Member
    Options

I have 2 Macs and both had version 4. I say had because I had a main logic board and flash drive failure, and somehow restored version 3. I bought the second version 4 originally in March from iTunes at full price.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @RonboSandanista,

I've merged your two topics together to help you get this all sorted out. :)

The first thing to do is reinstall 1Password 4 on your MacBook Pro that 1Password 3 somehow got restored on, as @Megan explains in post #4:

If you haven't downloaded 1Password, you can find the webstore version on our downloads page, or re-download the App Store version by opening the App Store and selecting 'Purchases.'

If the webstore version of 1Password 4 was installed before you should download that again. If you had the App Store version that's the one you should re-download.

When you run first 1Password 4 after reinstallation it might go through the setup steps again and find data from 1Password 3 it can use. But if it already finds a 1Password 4 database then it will use that instead. We don't know for sure what will happen because we don't know which 1Password data is currently available on that system.

If 1Password 4 doesn't have the correct data or is still having any other issues after that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. You can also describe what the problem is in the email with that report. Then we'll be able to better assist you directly through email with specific instructions to get 1Password 4 working correctly.

If you leave a brief note here once you've sent the report email it will help us keep an eye open for it. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.